Thursday 1 March 2018

CAPE TOWN HERE WE COME!

After a lovely stay in Stilbaai we started off on our trek to Cape Town.  Try and imagine this:  Peanut and Grandpa Moses in the Smart Car with me.  Peanut meowing all the time.  Even with calming tabs from the vet.  Grandpa Moses barking a any pedestrian along the road side.  Grandpa has this ear pitching little bark that after a while cuts right into your brain, this combined with Peanuts eternal meowing which changed levels of intensity nearly drove me mad.  Bertie and all the Bouvs drove in front in the Pajero.

GRANDPA MOSES IN THE SMART CAR WITH PEANUT ON THE SEAT NEXT TO ME

At certain times when the traveling got just too much for Peanut he would do somersaults in the crate and black paws with long nails would start groping through the wire bars of the crate.   Grandpa irritated with all of this catterbawling at one stage decided this was enough.  Jumped down from his perch at the back of the Smart Car, round to the front of the crate growled and snapped at Peanut. Then pandemonium Peanut logged one of his claws into Grandpas lip through the bars and clung onto Grandpa for dear life.  I trying my best to concentrate on the road am not exactly sure what happened next but the sounds that emitted from both parties was enough for me to pull to the side of the road.

Yes I had to dislodge Peanuts claw from Grandpas lip.  Make no mistake Peanut was not going to let go without a fight and Grandpa made things worse by not being very compliant to let me help him. Eesh!  Now looking back I laugh my head off.

Soon Cape Town was in sight and I could not wait to get to our destination, where my lovely daughter and son where waiting for us.  Bertie my husband when we arrived at our destination after asking him how his trip with the Bouvs was, replied "nice and peaceful" I could have kicked him. lol  

Hello Cape Town


This blog of my personal life is dedicated to Bouvier Rescue SA



Please visit our website : bouvierdesflandresrescuesa.weebly.com

Our Facebook group : https://web.facebook.com/groups/bouvierrescuesa/

Please donate to this worthy cause. Your donations give us life.

http://bouvierdesflandresrescuesa.weebly.com/donate.html





No comments:

Post a Comment