Saturday 24 February 2018

BEAUTIFUL HARTEBEES


HARTEBEES

I know I am behind on my blog of our travels before arriving at our bush home, but like to blog as things happen here.  Two Hartebees live very close to the cottage.  I am not sure if its a male and female or two males.

At about 12 pm one of them came hightailing down the valley obviously distressed.  Came down to the cottage.  I could see something was wrong, it was frightened.  It hid in a little area near the cottage.  Me grabbing my camera ran to see what was going on.  They are always two together but one was missing.  Know they are not afraid of the Bouvs.

The two new rescue Bouviers made an awful noise, something I have to work on. Training them to be quiet.  Zeus, Babushka, Cola and Grandpa understand this now.
Eventually it came out of its hiding place came across in front of the cottage over the lunging ring and stood looking up the valley for  a while and then  lay down, obviously very tired.


Zeus and Babushka do a lot of patrolling for snares with me.  So have learnt not to chase wildlife, well certain wildlife.  When it comes to Baboons, Vervet monkeys and Warthog its a problem.  Zeus had a altercation with a Baboon and Babushka with a Warthog but that is a story for another day.


Snares poachers leave to catch game huge problem.  The horses here are no exception.  Above poor old Storm caught in a snare.  Below Zeus and I on snare patrol.  Please understand that Zeus needs more training with wildlife, we working on it.



Video below of the rescue hooligans.  They are in training.



Below a video of this beautiful Hartebees.  I still don't know what happened :(
It was here for over an hour and then left.  Have not seen the other one but will keep you updated.  Oh and please excuse the washing this is bushlife.



You all know why I am doing this blog.  Sharing some of my personal life.

For Bouvier Rescue SA

Please we always need funds.  Go to our webpage: bouvierrescuesa.weebly.com or join our FB page: https://web.facebook.com/groups/bouvierrescuesa/?ref=bookmarks

Our Bank information

BOUVIER RESCUE SA
FIRST NATIONAL BANK
ACCOUNT NO 62583513687
​Current/cheque account
SWIFT CODE FIRNZAJJ
 
FNB - BRANCH CODE: 211217​









No comments:

Post a Comment