Saturday 3 February 2018

COBRA

So it's about 4:30 pm and I am washing some spinach for dinner.  I am jumping ahead in my blog but it happened about half an hour ago and this is life in the bush.  Anyway washing spinach and my husband comes in " there is a snake at the front of the cottage gate".  Lucky all the dogs with me in the house.  He runs out with the broom to stop it from coming through the gate!

I close the door to keep the dogs inside.  Bertie comes rushing in the Spitting Cobra had got him in the eyes numerous times.

Where's the snake? I shout it's gone.  I grab a litre of milk and we start flushing his eyes out.  I phone my brother in law my hubby on his way to the hospital now.

Now I am waiting I do hope my hubby is going to be ok.


Nasty piece of work this.  I hate snakes.  Will keep you posted.

Well Bertie ended up at the emergency outpatients ward.  The milk saved his eyesight.  You can also use it for dogs and other animals.  It is very painful.  His left eye was more affected than the right one and we think that is because of his head on collision in 2005 in which the eye was damaged.

Why the snake tried to come through the fence onto the stoep is a mystery.  Bertie a hero because he saved the dogs.  Below some more pics of this kind of Cobra.



Jacko the likkewaan lives here and they eat snakes.  Jacko I hope you catch this guy that did this to Bertie.  Below pic of Jacko a likkewaan who lives around the cottage.  We see him at least once a week.

GO GET HIM JACKO

Pics of Berties eyes.



I WANT REVENGE JACKO GO GET HIM!

3 comments:

  1. How will you be able to let the dogs out now while that snake is at large!😲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's long gone now Cynthia. We been here a year and the first time we have seen a snake. We have to be careful. I am going to buy some stuff you can spray around your property to keep snakes away. Will see if it works.

      Delete